Saturday, September 09, 2006

What is God Doing?

One of the most significant desires of mine is to know what God is doing so that I can get involved. It's easier, at least for me, to see what God is doing globally than it is to see what he's doing locally in my own community. It doesn't take any kind of prophetic insight to see what he's doing globally when you have reports coming in from around the world as to what God is doing. However, that isn't the case locally. I find it's far more difficult. Part of the difficulty may be due to the fact that God isn't moving here like he is in China, India, and other parts of the globe. But I think the primary reason for the difficulty is that to perceive what God is doing locally requires fellowship with him like Jesus had with the Father. Jesus said that he only does what he sees the Father doing. Then he says that "the Father loves the son, and shows him all things that he himself is doing" (John 5:19,20).
I wonder if that might not be my problem, recognizing that the Father loves me and desires to show me what he is doing. But my mindset has been that it is difficult to see what he is doing, therefore it is difficult to see what he is doing. With a change of perspective, I'm looking forward to seeing what God will show me as I live in a new expectancy.

Comments:
Love your honesty and your perspective. I think you really hit the nail on the head with "expectancy" - a fruit of our trust in Daddy. I believe that living expectantly opens our eyes to see things that we would never see otherwise. I know that Daddy delights to give us a peek into what He's up to. Believing that He wants to show us and expecting that He will is the sure path to revelation.

I also think that Spirit-born fellowship is one way we can know what Father is doing locally. When we "compare notes" with other like-hearted believers, we begin to see patterns of the Father's working emerge that enable us to see the bigger picture - beyond our individual lives. It's like pieces of a puzzle coming together to form a whole picture of Father's life manifesting around us.
 
Lindsay,
Great comment! I have sensed that the missing link in knowing what God is doing in our own backyard has been a corporate seeking and comparing notes as opposed to just individually trying to discern what God is up to.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?